Love

Love

Oct 25, 2011

Day -3

Well I'm still in the introduction. Fun fact: did you know it's about 100 pages long? :o
Anyway, I'm planning on finishing the background for JP2's teachings tonight (wish me luck), and it looks like there'll be interesting things worth posting later. This part is how the message is for all to here. Hence they published the book. Hence I'm putting a blog on the Internet.
But something funny happened today. I like reading scripture with my prayer, and this is what came up in my daily devotion:
              "Everything in the world - the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life - is not from the Father." 1 Jn 2:16
Does anybody else think it's ironic that I get a verse that repeats lust twice right before I go into an intense Theology of the Body study? But here's what I got from the verse. First, if lust (both types) is not from God, that means it's not good. Yeah. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. But here's the second, more important thing: if it's not from God, we are capable of fighting it. So Lord, please give us all the strength and grace to turn away from evil in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment